Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a lawn mower which is an X720 with a battery which…

Customer Question
I have a lawn...

I have a lawn mower which is an X720 with a battery which cannot start. How do I put the lawn mower into neutral so I can push it out of the garage and have Atlantic tractors repair it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

This is not a farm tractor it is a lawn mower, X720 John Deere I need to move by putting it into neutral. How is it done?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/26/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

In the Owners manual, it shows the freewheel lever, under the right rear wheel is the lever, it moves up to release the wheels so, the tractor can be rolled. Under Operating machine, pushing machine by hand. See manual link below if you need it.