Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My 3788 hydraulic wont run when it warms up. Ill have to get…

My 3788 hydraulic wont...

My 3788 hydraulic wont run when it warms up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Ill have to get that

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed hydraulic oil and filters

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really. Bought tractor cheap at auction. Worked great for 150 acres discing, then started lifting slow, then would not shift, then would not run. If it cools down overnight, will run for half hour.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok. thanks

3/27/2018
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Ok
The symptoms you are describing point 2 a potential pump failure. What you want to do first to check the oil condition and your filters to see if any metal or debris is collected inside the filters or suction screen.. check the oil condition as well for any milkiness discoloration or any signs of burnt smelling or darkened oil and once again fine metal or debris that would confirm a pumper component failure occurring. Are all functions working other than the Hydraulics and what attachment are you trying to run with that?
I see now that you were having transmission troubles with that. That is not a good sign. Check the oil condition and the screen as I mentioned and drain the oil to look for any signs of failure that might have occurred internally. If phone your tractor will have to be split for repair.
Changed oil and filters after problem. Did not see any finemetal or debris. Oil seemed dark but did not smell. After changing oil, tractor worked fine for about 20 minutes. Then same problem. It just stopped. Motor is fine.
What I meant was if found. However if everything is clean what you will want to look for is for a potential failed clutch. If your tractor clutch is slipping between the engine and drivetrain then nothing is going to work as the engine is not going to provide Power to the transmission and drivetrain. So check out the clutch and clutch adjustment first. Please remember to take a moment to write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings in bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Also, Click on this link for access the the parts breakdowns to help

Parts info

Dan, Technician
Clutch woks fine when cold. 20 minutes later no good
Phone call session started