Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 6420 JD, my 3 point hitch is stuck in the up

Customer Question
I have a 6420...

I have a 6420 JD, my 3 point hitch is stuck in the up position, was working fine. Front end loader works fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Not in front of the tractor will have to check back later w/ info

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/26/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. First check the control valve for any debris and for proper operation to be sure that there are no restrictions and the valve moves freely as it should without damage. Also check your drop rate valve adjustment and for any trash or debris in the valve or ports. If all that checks out okay verify that you don't have any bent or damaged linkage causing the arms not to drop. If the valves check okay then check if it is sticking inside the cylinder from possible rust or corrosion if the tractor was sitting for a while without use of the hitch. If found the cylinder will need to be taken apart and cleaned up if it is not beyond the point of cleaning where replacement could be needed if excessively pitted or corroded. Check for these things and let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this. Please remember to take a moment to read my answers as that is how the say credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings in bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Professionals are not employees of the site. I took the time to pull this information for you. Can you return the favor for me? Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.