Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Why is the kilts method better than deee's? 2018 kioti 4010…

Why is the kilts...

Why is the kilts method better than john deee's?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2018 kioti 4010 SE hst

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

This is a new tractor I am in the process of onsidering to purchase

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you. This is an important factor in making my final decision.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

How often does the tractor have to maintain the process

3/26/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

You want to compare the exhaust regenerative process between the Kioti and a Deere?

The process is not set by hours, but by the sensors in the exhaust system, which regenerates as needed. Comparing a Kioti to a Deere is not apples to apples, but apples to oranges. To me, the Kioti is not even in the same ballpark as a Deere. Much inferior tractor and I see to many problems with Kioti's. Just my opinion.

I appreciate your reply. I'm just seeking an opinion as to which system is more reliable, easier to service if needed, what RPM I have to consistently maintain, and how often it needs to re-generate and length of time to do so. Maybe I don't need to regenerate thing. Thanks, ***** *****

If you have a choice, get one that does not have to be regenerated! Deere is more reliable, and the engine runs at about 1000 rpm when it regenerates.

thank you for the response. It is a great help. No need for a phone call or further assistance. Again thank you. *****

Please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit! Thanks.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician