Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a JD 4010 (not sure of the year, I'd have to check…

Customer Question
I have a JD...

I have a JD 4010 (not sure of the year, I'd have to check the SN) the hydraulic remotes run cylinders extremely slow. A 10x2 takes about 20 seconds. The 3 point goes up and down fine (haven't tried with a load) the brakes and steering both work good. Reservoir is full and clean, filter was replaced about 25 hours ago. I haven't touched or opened anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

The sales receipt from when I bought it says 21T16979. It is a John Deere 4010

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

OK

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/26/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Sounds good

The remotes are restricted. Either from one of the couplers not making up fully, or one of the hoses having a restriction. If either side is restricted, it affects the other, causing slow movement, due to the reduced oil flow. You can check by removing the hoses from the cylinder, and rub the hose into a bucket while you run one valve direction, then the other, to see if both sides have equal flow.

I did try attaching to different implements and they were all the same. Slow.

Different hoses, so that would mean the problem is the two remotes. I would replace the female couplers.

Did you solve the problem?