Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 870 Deere tractor have lights on dash but wont

Customer Question
I have a 870...

I have a 870 john Deere tractor have lights on dash but wont start , does nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to fix but haven't tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's the only issue now

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/25/2018
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

do you have a voltmeter test light

got to the small wire on the starter and have someone turn the key see if you get 12+ volts at the small solenoid wire on the starter ,let me know

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you