Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Deere 3005. I was working on it and when I let off…

Customer Question
I have a John...

I have a John Deere 3005. I was working on it and when I let off the clutch it barely moved. I checked the fluid and it was low. I filled it up. The hydraulics all work real well and fast. I discovered a leak where the lines go under the fender so I fixed it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

However now it still just creeps along

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I don’t think so. I just need to get it going forward without creeping along

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/24/2018
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

did you check your drive belt that it is tight and not worn ??

This is a tractor not a lawn mower

Hi

Sorry they list both lawn and tractor

does the clutch have good play and adjustment

you mentioned you were working on it

what did you do //

Hi

Looked up in JD still showing lawn tractor 3005

This is full tractor with front end loader brush hog auger box blade 3 point hitch

Hi

did you check the clutch adjustment ?/

do you have free play