Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a problem with my 6140D Deere will not drive anymore…

Hi I have a problem...
Hi I have a problem with my 6140D John Deere will not drive anymore it has a code ccu 161.02 any help?
3/24/2018
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Code 161 -"Unit 3" light circuit shorted. Circuit is tested several times per second for a "shorted" light only when commanded to be ON.

That is the only listing I am showing at the moment for the 161 fault code. First check all of your fuses for power on both sides with the key switch on and replace any fuses that have power only on one side indicating a failed fuse. Check your shift controller for power in and out in all gear positions and to the shift solenoids. Check your parking brake and parking brake switch as well as the wiring harness for corrosion or damage. If your fuses your wiring and switches all test out good the check for signs of an internal mechanical problem occurring. Check the oil condition for discoloration burnt smell or debris. Also check inside your filter or screen for metal or debris as well that would flag in internal failure occurring. Let me know the results and please remember to take a moment and write my answers as that is how the site credits my time for helping on the site. Five-star ratings in bonuses are greatly appreciated.
Ok I don’t have time to mess with it
I have contacted a local mecanic to get it fixed

Thanks for the update. Let me know if you need more help.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Hi Abe, Do you feel I should get credit for my time pulling this information for you? Professionals are not employees of the site. I took the time to pull this information for you. Can you return the favor for me? Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Dan, Technician