Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Kubota RTV1140CPX will only get up to 15 mph in High range…

Customer Question
Kubota RTV1140CPX will only get...
Kubota RTV1140CPX will only get up to 15 mph in High range does not get up to speed in lower ranges as fast as it should. Replaced fuel and air filters. Engine is fine HST does not have power that 2 other units we have.
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/23/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 28 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Have you replaced the two hydraulic filters? One for the charge pump, the other for the hydrostat. One on the rear of the transmission, and one on the right side of the transmission.

The gears can't change, so the hydrostat is all that controls the speed. It has adjustments, but should only be done by someone who has experience on them,

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Did That First did not make a difference Unit would get up to speed when cold after letting up on throttle unit would then only go up to 15MPH. Did not use brakes at all when unit gets up to speed does not do it quickly. the other units we have get up to full speed really fast compered to this unit.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I am unavailable to talk today will to Tomorrow 9am PST be okay with you

I will be out, I will opt out and see if anyone else will reply. Sorry. charging pump pressure needs to be checked, and if it is ok, then the main hydrostat pump pressure needs to be checked.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 27 days ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** am reaching out to see if you still need help with this or if you got this resolved. Professionals are not employees of the site however I login periodically throughout the day as time allows and in between jobs Etc. If you still need help let me know and we will be able to follow up as needed on here.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Problem resolved.
Thanks
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 26 days ago

Thanks for the update.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician