Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Can you tell me where the hydraulic fill cap is on Deere…

Customer Question
Can you tell me...

Can you tell me where the hydraulic fill cap is on John Deere 2955?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you. A pic or diagram would help.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are just looking for what is the right fill cap. We need to add hydraulic oil and can’t find the fill cap and don’t have the manual.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Let me do a double check, but I think it is next to the three-point linkage, behind the cab, if it has cab , on the right side, with dipstick below.

Here is one with the SGB tranmission,

Here is a basic unit, # 3 in filler cap, on the front of the three-point housing.