Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I need to replace a clutch on a Balarus 920 - having done a…

Customer Question
I need to replace...

I need to replace a clutch on a Balarus 920 - having done a MF clutch previously is there any particularly hard or tricky about doing this on a Balarus?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Great question. I'm in NZ and the tractor is in Tasmania so that will be tricky to get.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Great, thanks for that.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this point. cheers

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Belarus will be very similar to the Massey clutch, but all in Metric.bolts. But a standard transmission clutch will all be the same setup, with the adjustment being the outer linkage.

this is a tractor I'm looking to buy, im told the clutch needs replacing, it wouldn't surprise me if it just needs adjusting. Is there a simple way to do that on a Belarus?

The clutch should have a cutch rod that goes from the pedal to the lever going into the clutch housing, this rod will have an adjustment on it to allow free play in the pedal. You need around 34 to an inch of free play at the top of the clutch travel.

Thanks Curtis, if I need to replace the clutch roughly how much would the replacement cost and how many hours do you think. cheers Andy

I would just be making a guess with no model number, but in a shop, figure 2000 to 2500 US dollars. With labor being the bigger part. A DIY project, parts around $1000.

I see the question is still open.??