Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

The transmission on the mower is in transport position and I…

Customer Question
The transmission on...

The transmission on the mower is in transport position and I cannot seem too move it to work mode. Model # YTH 24V 42Ls

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not much other than look under and try to see where the wire from the rear attaches to the transmission to move it into regular mode.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Other than it was working well when I backed it into the shed last autumn.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/20/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

On the rear of the chassis behind the seat is the release rod that allows the mower to be pushed, is this rod pushed into the run position?