Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a jd 4430 quad. I can't keep the water out of the…

Customer Question
I have a jd...

I have a jd 4430 quad. I can't keep the water out of the trans

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I'll have to check back later

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've had to replace the clutch once at my dealer and they don't seem to be able to tell me much

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/20/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician
Hey my name is***** will be glad to help. Is this tractor park in a garage or is it stored outside uncovered?
outside uncovered
Thanks for the information. Take a close look at the shift boots and around the top of the transmission and shifters to see if they are torn or if they will allow water to enter into the case. This is usually the most common cause of water entry.
Any open space that will allow water should be tended to is always a good idea to cover those areas if the tractor is going to be outside stored. Please remember to take a moment to read my answers as that is how the site credits my time for helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.