Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a MF 1533, it has lost almost all its power. Have…

I have a MF 1533...
I have a MF 1533, it has lost almost all its power. Have changed fuel, hydraulic, air and oil filters, Still same. Engine runs good, seems to have power with lifting etc, just when put in gear hardly moves. Have to put in low 1st or 2nd just to move.
3/20/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Is this the manual transmission, not the hydrostat? Do you have any clutch free play? If no free play, the clutch will not fully grasp the flywheel and the clutch will slip.

I assume manual, clutch does not seem to slip. When in low gearing it seems to change gears no problem just no power. For example when I use my 7' snow plow usually in high gear 1St or even 2nd if not to heavy a load. Now I have to be in low gear 1st to even move when plow down for a light load

I think you have a slipping clutch. Does the clutch pedal have any free movement, before you feel the pressure plate? The clutch rod is the adjustment.

That is a good question, doesn't seem different from before, but I will look at the clutch rod and see if that is the problem, thanks

Adjust the rod so you have free play, around 3/4 inch at the top, it may help. If it does not help, you may need a new clutch!

I will try that thanks

Thanks, ***** ***** the 5-star rating system to close the question when satisfied,

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician