Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

JD 855D Gator, where is the oil drain plug? Do I have to…

Customer Question
JD 855D Gator, where...

JD 855D Gator, where is the oil drain plug? Do I have to take the skid plate off to find it?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

JD XUV 855D 1M0855DETFM102227

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, live in remote mountains. Need to do 50 hour service, working in heavy snow and mud so can't get to JD service department, service oner due and the gator maybe the only way I can get out of here with the mud and snow here in Montana

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/19/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

No, you need to raise the bed to access the drain plug and drain the oil. Here is link to the OM manual, and under engine, service shows the job!