Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My9N Ford ran great, then quit and will not start. Have

Customer Question
My9N Ford ran great...

My9N Ford ran great, then quit and will not start. Have replaced many electricalcomponents andstill will not fire

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

9N Ford built about 1949 to 50. Serial # not handy right now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

New points,condenser,coil,, cleanspark plugs, but no spark from the ignition cable

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Please help me to make it run again

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/19/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

The Front mounted distributor? Are the distributor and rotor turning? Six volts or conversion to 12 volts? Do you have battery voltage to the distributor wire?