Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Deere ride on mower that won't start. When the

I have a John...

I have a John Deere ride on mower that won't start . When the ignition is turned on I get a click but nothing else . I have had the battery checked which is good . I have checked the fuse and terminals which are all good . Can you please tell me what the problem might be ? My mower is a model L110 automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/18/2018
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Is the click your hearing only in the on position or is this click your hearing when you turn the switch into the cranking position? If in just the on position but nothing in the cranking position you will want to test for power to the starter solenoid in the cranking position because if you have power to the solenoid but the starter is not responding then you likely have a faulty solenoid or starter assembly. If there is no power in the cranking position going to the starter you want to be sure there is coming out of the switch and if there is but nothing going to the starter check your safety switches such a seat and PTO switch and your clutch brake switch and check the wiring to them as well. For testing purposes you can use a jumper wire but also from more accuracy you would use an ohmmeter and test for continuity through that circuit with a switch is in the open and closed positions and also testing the wiring for continuity. Let me know the results and we can follow up as needed on here. Please remember to take a moment to read my answers as that is hella site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Once again it's a pleasure to help and we can follow up as needed on here if any further help is needed.
Dan, Technician