Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Excessive wear in the stearing box, is there any adjustment…

Customer Question
Excessive wear in the...

Excessive wear in the stearing box , is there any adjustment to reduce slack in steering ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

1640

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes but I can't find any adjustment and to remove the housing involves disturbing the hydraulic o-rings !

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/18/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** be glad to help. The answer is no. A Worn steering box is just that. It will need to be rebuilt in the Worn parts replaced to bring it back into specs. If you need any further help let me know as we can follow up as needed on here. Please remember to take a moment to write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

How do you get access to the steering box? The only way appears to be by removing the housing with the steering column although the shaft with the pitman arm exits through the gearbox housing !.
Tel.(###) ###-####
Sorry can't call outside us, Canada... Can you upload some photos?