Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

What causes the forward lever to jump out in forward. Dk45s…

What causes the forward...

What causes the forward lever to jump out in forward

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Dk45s fc44oo4o8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried, don't know what to do. you can hold it in manually but when you let the lever go it will jump out of gear

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I really don't have that many hours on this dude

3/17/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Jumps out of foward

Is this a manual transmission? It should have a detent ball and spring to hold it in position. Di you feel a detent? Detent will be behind a plug, on the shift rail. You remove the plug and check the spring and ball.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Phone call session started

# 7 and # 8 are the detent and spring.