Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

How do you remove a JD 3020 gas tank? I have the two bands…

Customer Question
How do you remove...

How do you remove a JD 3020 gas tank? I have the two bands around it removed but it still won’t budge. What am I missing?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model is 3020 and I don’t know the serial number. It’s in the later/newer series.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/17/2018
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 4 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

That is all that is holding it in is the 2 straps

most times the rust between the tank and the straps hold it

use a putty knife to loosen it

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

No that’s not it. The bands are completely out. I have tried shoving on it from the side but it won’t budge.
I don’t need to call. I’m just asking what else I have to loosen or remove.

HI

I won't call, that is JA robot

I will send you the Pic , what holds it in

I have that. I assumed there’s something underneath not in this diagram. It’s very hard to see from underneath because of the front axle etc

Hi

Thank you for that

some had a bolt in the back of the band that had to be removed

check if you have that

I have checked & there’s nothing further on the bands. Thanks anyway. Guess I’ll have to look from underneath further.

OK

Let me know

Please cancel this. I’ll contact my JD dealer on Monday.

OK

I will have it canceled