Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Deere LA125 w/&S 21 HP engine. Run great last year. Put in…

Customer Question
John Deere LA125 w/B&S...

John Deere LA125 w/B&S 21 HP engine. Run great last year. Put in garage over winter. Started fine but has much less power than last year. What would cause this issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

John Deere LA125 w/B&S 21 HP. Ran fine last year. Put in garage for storage over winter. Started fine but has much less power than last year. What could cause this issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

This is a lawn mower. Not sure I need an agriculture mechanic.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/17/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Single cylinder Briggs engine? Have you replaced the spark plug, fuel filter, and air filter? Have you drained the fuel bowl on the carburetor?

to all the above. I've determined that it is linkage problem and that the drive belt needs replacing. Your response was way to slow. I will drop this service.

ok.