Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Got a JD 7520 articulated tractor. first i could not steer…

Got a JD 7520...

Got a JD 7520 articulated tractor. first i could not steer to the right and now i cant steer at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the hyd. zylinder on left side and changed hyd. oil and filter. it worked fine until i used it for about a hour

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I unhooked one hose on right side hyd. zylinder and it worked for a while and then it quit again

3/16/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Ok thanks

The two steering cylinders are tied together, so if one is bad, it affects both. Have you tested the cylinders? Bottom out the steering in either direction, look at one of the cylinders and determine which is pressure in that direction, remove the hose from the other end of the cylinder. Now pressure the steering again, and see if oil pours from the open cylinder, if it does, the cylinder has internal leakage, if it comes from the open hose, the opposite cylinder is the leak.

Do you still want call?

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Phone call session started
would be easier to explain

Thank you.

thanks will see what i get done in the morning

OK>