Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2004 New Holland TS110. Occasionally on first start…

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 New Holland TS110. Occasionally on first start up, I get no gear indicator lights for gears 5-8 when in high range. Also when this is going on, if you try to clutch shift from 4th to 5th, it goes straight to 8th gear instead. Any thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2003 New Holland TS110, serial #201248B

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I guess only that, so far, after you run the tractor for awhile, the problem goes away.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/15/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** you get this resolved or do you still need help with this? If you still need help let me know and I will be glad to work with you on this to see if we can come to a resolution.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still need help. It only seems to happen on initial start up and then quits after the tractor is ran for awhile. I wonder if it is related to the trans. oil temp.
Okay sorry for the delay. What you were going to want to do with this is check the oil condition for any signs of a mechanical issue or failure occurring which would be any trash or debris in the oil or filters and any discoloration or burnt smell of the oil that would indicate that there's an internal problem. If all this checks okay you're going to want to see if there are any error or fault codes logged and test the gear shift in each gear position to confirm power in and out and all positions and if not it could be impossible faulty shift control. If okay this could be a problem in the wiring harness or a possible calibration issue in the software. Try having the transmission and software recalibrated and if calibration is unsuccessful have the software reflashed and updated so it will reset back to factory settings. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this and I will help any way I can. Please remember to write my answers as that is how the site credits by time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 24 days ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Dan, Technician