Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Need to know how to time briggs 19.5 hp motor. 31p677. Need…

Customer Question
Need to know how...

Need to know how to time briggs 19.5 hp motor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

31p677

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Need timing set

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/15/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 month ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

The crankshaft and the camshaft gears have only a single timing mark. A dot on tip of gear on one, and a dot in the base of the tooth on the other. That is all the timing internal to the engine. The other timing is the crankshaft to flywheel key. What is your concern?

See link below.

I see the question is still open, please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit!

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician