Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 1964 Deer 1010. When I put it in gear it wont move…

I have a 1964 John...
I have a 1964 John Deer 1010. When I put it in gear it wont move.
3/14/2018
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne. I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

does it grind when putting into gear ??

or does it go into gear easy, do you need the clutch to put into gear

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it does not grind.
it goes in easily. i didnt try without using the clutch

Thank you for the response

try to put into gear no clutch

see if it goes into gear

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can i get back to you? im in the house and its out in front of the garage

HI

OH, Sure

also, make sure you have free play in the clutch pedal 1 1\2 "

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have to use clutch to put it in gear. there is free play. when i put it in gear the tire/wheel moves just enough to see then stops. its not making any unusual noise

Hi

Thank you for that

1 last question

this happen all of a sudden ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i was out moving snow. i backed up heard a whistling sound put it in gear and nothing

Thank you for that

what you are describing is the centre of the clutch

broke loose, you will need to replace the clutch assy

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.I hope that I have earned a 5-star ratingfound at the top of the screen before you leave today.If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks for your help

Yiu Are welcome

Please remember to rate my answer5-stars so I get the credit for question

Wayne, Journeyman
Wayne, Journeyman