Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have read on another forum that there is a Deere factory…

Customer Question
I have read on...

I have read on another forum that there is a John Deere factory retrofit kit for 9770 combines to prevent crop residue buildup inside the back of the rotor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I read on an equipment forum that John Deere offers a factory retrofit kit to eliminate crop residue buildup inside the back of the rotor on 9770 combines. The purpose of this is to eliminate fires started in this area. Can you tell me the part number for this kit? I understand it was used primarily on rice combines.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/14/2018
Mechanic: Don, Journeyman replied 4 months ago
Don
Don, Journeyman

hi there my name is don

i believe this is what you are referring to ?

let me know please

http://www.dakotafarmer.com/equipment/new-aftermarket-equipment-prevents-sunflower-combine-fires

No this is not what I referred to. The John Deere factory kit I am looking for is a piece of square stock installed to prevent residue buildup between the back of the rotor and its support. It is necessary to remove the rotor to weld the fix into place. It is my understanding the fix was most commonly used for rice harvest conditions to prevent the residue buildup from igniting inside the combine. Jim

Hi Jim

ok thanks for that i just wanted to confirm what it was

i have the whole JD parts catalog as well i can give you no charge ?