Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

How can engine oil leak into the transmission of a 1954

Customer Question
How can engine oil...

How can engine oil leak into the transmission of a 1954 model 70 farm tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, nothing yet, looking for guidance of where to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have no leaks and the tractor does not smoke or foul spark plus, I also do not have oil in the coolant,

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/14/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Make of the model 70? Deere? How much engine oil is going into the transmission? Is the drain hole in the bell housing, below the clutch open?

I see the question is still open?