Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I am trying to remove the gas tank on a JD5105 tractor. Is…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to remove the gas tank on a JD5105 tractor. Is there a place where i can find directions on how to remove and then reinstall after I clean them out?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Great, I believe in Murphy law if it will go wrong it will go wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Customer:  I want to add that I have removed the strapes holding the tank but it will not come off. Whatelse do i need to remove/

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/13/2018
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 5 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne. I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

that is all that holds that tank down other the rubber fuel lines

maybe stuck on rust, common

Pry up with a flat bar to loosen

I hope this helps you

are you sure- i don't want to break anything

HI

Yes I will send you the pic of the parts

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??

Hi

Following up with you

did you get the gas tank off ??