Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a deere 1010 the tractor starts very hard, after it

Customer Question

I have a john deere 1010 the tractor starts very hard, after it starts it will only idle very slowely. when I try to give it any gas it shuts down
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: john deere tractor hard to start. when it does start it will only idle the minut I give it anygas it cuts off.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have complerely rebuilt the carburetor , witch is a marvel schribler tsx809. i checked the fuel and filter.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

4 cylinder gas engine, have you ran a compression test? Have you tried to turn the distributor to change the timing?

I see the question is still open?