Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Connect one-on-one with a verified mechanic who will answer your question

Wayne, Journeyman

More related answers
All mechanics are VERIFIED
I have a 1957 Fordson Dexta tractor that has a Perkins 3
MowerDocMD
MowerDocMD, Technician
I have a 1957 Fordson Dexta tractor that has a Perkins 3 cylinder diesel engine. It has been running very well with no problems until a couple of weeks ago. (I only start the tractor about once every … read more
A friend has a Deere D110 that smokes if you fill the oil up
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
a friend has a John Deere D110 that smokes if you fill the oil up to full on dip stick. If he leaves it at the add oil line it does ok. He said if he runs on a hill it will smoke also. ??? … read more
Ran tractor for 2 hours or so, parked it 30 minutes later I
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
ran tractor for 2 hours or so, parked it 30 minutes later I hear noise and smoke is coming from under hood. smelled electrical, now tractor will not start, am unable to locate what was smoking. any id… read more
I have a Deer 820 diesel tractor. ( 3 cylinder 1950's) It
Wayne, Journeyman
I have a John Deer 820 diesel tractor. ( 3 cylinder 1950's) It had smoke coming out of the oil breather tube. I shut it down and noticed it was two quarts low on engine oil. I filled the engine oil to… read more
I have a 4020 gas ser # 181xxx. While running stationary the
Wayne, Journeyman
I have a 4020 gas ser # 181xxx. While running stationary the exhaust started dicharging white smoke with oil drops in it. The gaskets on each exhaust port where attatched to the head started running o… read more
I have a Deere model 80 tractorserial #8000111 it's
Wayne, Journeyman
I have a John Deere model 80 tractorserial #8000111 it's slobbering oil out of the exhaust starts fine compression is good not burning oil . Will replacing valve guides solve problem?… read more
Have a Massey ferguson 250 with 4000 hrs. Lately it uses
Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin, mechanic
Have a Massey ferguson 250 with 4000 hrs. Lately it uses about 5 quarts in about 3 hours - leaking a little around the front of the oil type pan - what could be causing this much leak every 3 to 4 hrs… read more
In a little 3 cyclindet diesel engine I was changing the oil
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic
In a little 3 cyclindet diesel engine I was changing the oil and over filled it by 2 gallons tried to start engine locked up before ever starting. Then I let oil out to proper level tried to start eng… read more
I rolled over my bolens iseki diesel tractor over in to a creek the en
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Retired
I rolled over my bolens iseki diesel tractor over in to a creek the engine stalled before it entered the water I removed the glow plugs immediately drain the oil put fresh oil into the engine water en… read more
Have a Kawasaki fd620d liquid cooled engine on a John Deere
Wayne, Journeyman
Have a Kawasaki fd620d liquid cooled engine on a John Deere 424 with only 300 hrs that is blowing oil through breather tube into carb an making it smoke like an old freight train. If I move tube away … read more
fiat 640 4 cyclinder tractor (diesel) ran fine for 50metres
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Retired
fiat 640 4 cyclinder tractor (diesel) ran fine for 50metres then stalled, when trying to crank it back up wont strat turns over ok but makes a squeak noise on the last wind… read more
I have a MX255 Case IH that will not start hot, It is on the
Don
Don, fleet superintendent
I have a MX255 Case IH that will not start hot, It is on the third injection and they all acted the same.… read more
Im back. This is not my mower and trying to get information
Wayne, Journeyman
I'm back. This is not my mower and trying to get information for owner. Kubuta D1100 3 cyl diesel engine. Starts with blue smoke, runs smooth, smoke clears out. Middle rpm the engine runs smooth, no s… read more
i was using my 1529 diesel tractor on a slight incline when
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
i was using my 1529 diesel tractor on a slight incline when front tire ran over a sink hole tractor fliped over on its side no damage occured nor was i injured ran back to my house and got myXXXXXand … read more
have a deutz 2012 type engine which is over heating ,have changed
Wayne, Journeyman
have a deutz 2012 type engine which is over heating ,have changed rad and head and water pump and it is still overheating ,bottom of engine block is alot warmer than top of block ,could it be possible… read more
Blue smoke is coming out of the engine,especially when turning
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Retired
Blue smoke is coming out of the engine,especially when turning it off. What is the problem?… read more
I have a MF275 Diesel 4-248 perkins, it is blowing oil out
Wayne, Journeyman
I have a MF275 Diesel 4-248 perkins, it is blowing oil out the front exhaust port which is dripping from the exhaust manifold and elbow. What can be causing this issue? Valve seals, rings, ect. The en… read more
I have a new Kubota B1830 tractor, engine D905. Engine seems
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
I have a new Kubota B1830 tractor, engine D905. Engine seems to be not perfect: - if starting engine it needs several turns and black smoke - if starting engine on idle, it is problem to start and onl… read more