Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Can you used a deere gator am142335 with a am138516. Can you…

Customer Question
Can you used a...

Can you used a john deere gator am142335 with a am138516

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Can you used a john deere gator primary clutch am142335 witch a am138516 secondary clutch

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am fixing it my self, a haven try any thing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is about it

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/11/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

What Gator do you have and what is the engine? Gas Kawasaki or the Yanmar diesel? What clutch do you have now.

I have a 2001 john deere gator with kawasaki fe290d engineI have a 2001 john deere gator with kawasaki fe290d gas engine. I have am142335 and the m138516

The gator has a model. Turf/TXT/ or many others, I need that. And I don't understand the question. If you have these tow clutches now, are they not working together?

Any drive or driven clutch will work if it is the right diameter and will fit the shafts!

it is a vgoturf017055 john deere gator turf. i got the gator used am trying to put it to gather. i haven try the two chutches yet

Yours shows to be a 2002 Turf Gator, and neither of the clutch numbers you show, are listed for the unit. Driven shows to be AM140984 and the drive shows to be AM140988 . But thats not to say the ones you have will not work.