Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

9200 jD won't start turn on key and no instrument lights…

Customer Question
9200 jD won't start...

9200 jD won't start turn on key and no instrument lights come on or gauges do not move will crank and crank but won't fire

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

9200 jD 4wd can't give # number I'm not near tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thx

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/12/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 months ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Dart by testing all fuses for power on both sides with the ignition switch in the on position using a test meter on the top of the fuse and replace any fuses with power only reading on one side. Also check all your relays by swapping one of the time with a known good one from either another circuit or a new relay. Test your battery with a digital battery tester for proper voltage and verify that it passes with no dead cells or other internal problems. Check all your cables and connections between your battery and your starter assembly including all grounds. If the electrical test out okay then you want to verify power in and out of the ignition switch in each position for a possible faulty ignition switch. If the switch tests out okay thoroughly inspect and test continuity in the harness and look for any damage or corroded wiring or connector pins. Check for any leaks or restrictions in the fuel system in be sure that you have good fuel supply between the tank and the pump and that there's no air in the system and it is properly bled. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this. Please remember to rate my answers as that is how this site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are greatly appreciated.
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.