Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

The engine malfunction engine light turns on while tractor…

Customer Question
The engine malfunction engine...

The engine malfunction engine light turns on while tractor running then turns off when I idle it. The tractor is a 5100e

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok, I just had the tractor serviced about 10 hours ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had it serviced by John Deere.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/12/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Professionals are not employees of the site but we can follow up as needed on here. If the malfunction light is on it means there are fault codes logged in the controller memory. Please get the fault codes you have logged and post them here in their entirety so therefore we know what circuit or circuits have an issue in need of further testing or troubleshooting.