Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a JD 4410. It runs well but doen't have any power.

Customer Question
I have a JD...

I have a JD 4410. It runs well but doen't have any power. Potential issue is a valve located under the seat. I need to remove the seat and the mechnical supports below it. With the yellow seat off, I can not see anything behind the folding rubber?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I will need to get it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

This is a John Deere 4410 Compact Utility tractor OMLVU13193 H2

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

OK thanks

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/10/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

What do you mean it has no power? The engine is weak, or the transmission does not work?

The engine is running well. I can throttle up and down RMPs but moving forward is slow and giving more gas causes it to bog down to a point it can not run up a slight grade. The book suggests a problem with the "Rockshaft" value. It is located under the seat.We have almost no phone service out here. Also, there is a stuck linkage to the front loader. I can not move the bucket. This linkage is also under the seat. Given there is so much service components under the seat, I would think John Deere would make it easier to remove the seat and seat hardware.Thanks for your help. I will keep working on it. Cheers

The rock shaft is the three-point, and would not affect the drive. Do you have the hydrostat transmission? Controls are on the side of the frame, not under the seat. Brakes are not locked?

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/MP28/MP28507________UN17JUN02.gif