Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have an Error code 08 on my Deere 4520. The fault code…

Customer Question
I have an Error...

I have an Error code 08 on my John Deere 4520. The fault code guide says: "Throttle Sensor (TPS) Voltage signal out-of-range or not calibrated". I changed out the TPS out and have the same error! What is the secret to "Calibrate"?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Hello
Hello is anyone going to answer my question?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 3 days by:
3/13/2018
Mechanic: Jeremy, Diesel Technician replied 3 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Diesel Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

If the fault code cannot be reset in the field without the JD software then I would like to know how! If not I have no option other than taking the tractor into the JD dealer. If you have a method of calibrating without taking into the dealer I am interested.

I'm not sure why this dropped me off the question.

Do you have the password ***** the machine to where you can get into the diagnostic 2 screen with the turn signal switch? If not, then JD will have to resolve this. Otherwise, if you can get into the diagnostic 2 screen, you have a single sensor calibration procedure that you can do. You select the throttle position sensor and then run. It will run the procedure and test it. You can then see the sensor voltage and you will then know if it is actually a calibration issue or the sensor itself is acting up.

You want to see the throttle lever position voltage range of 0.9v to 3.8v when moving it. If it is not in that range it will set the diagnostic code.

Also, the parameter for the TPS is Parameter 24 tP_X.X

If you do have to go to the shop, ask them to show you how to get to the Diagnostic screen 2. It has a lot of things you can do on that screen to where you don't have to connect up all the time at the shop.

If you are able to get in there and the reading is out of range, check wire 673C which is the orange wire. It should have 5 volts. Then check wire 499 which is white. Verify that the voltage does go up and down with the pedal press and not under or over the threshold. If it does and you have the 5 volts, then replace the Throttle Position Sensor.

I was given the following code but it does not give me any response. Is the process below the correct sequence?John Deere Model 4520 e HydroPassword *****'s what I learned
1. Turn key to on position but don’t start Tractor
2. There is a switch above turn signal. Press and hold it for two seconds
3. Turn key off
4. The magic code is r-L-L-r-L-r. (Where r is right turn signal, l is left turn signal). This lets you edit, adjust stuff. When done press the flasher switch to save.
hello
Mechanic: Jeremy, Diesel Technician replied 2 months ago

I opted out. The JD tech messaged me that he was on to assist you, but you somehow locked me back on the question. I will opt out again so he can assist.