Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 1996 410c deere back and the hydraulics are

I have a 1996...

I have a 1996 410c john deere back hoe and the hydraulics are growling...what is causing it?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Serial number T0410cf772740

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes it's had this sound sense I bought it...i just thought the pump was old and worn...i just replaced the pump now it's even worse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've changed the filters so they are good

3/8/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Ok...that would be great if you can

Check the suction hose and fittings going to the charge pump on the back of the main pump. This is likely the source of the noise, it is sucking air in ,aireating from air being drawn into the suction tube.

And has the screenhttp://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/TP90/TP9053_________UN01JAN94.gif in the transmission been checked, see link below

I have been trying to locate the screen but no luck yet....im do under stand the growling is air bubbles in the fluid
Is that on the transfer case?
My back hoe is*****

That is on the right side of the differential housing.

Ok I'll check them out and see if that's the problem...thank you...ill let you know if I find the problem
Won't have time till this weekend tho

OK<Thanks.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Thank you Curtis... it was a bad hoes or a loose fitting or both so far it's sounds good... sorry it took so long to let you know. I just got the parts for it today...i have to drive 50 miles one way to get parts lol

Good job! Thanks!