Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I an working on a 250A belarus farm tractor. my question is…

Customer Question
i an working on a...
i an working on a 250A belarus farm tractor. my question is on how the how the shuttle works. this tractor has only on lever for the low and high range,gears and forward and revers. If i select low range i then have to select forward and the third gear let the tractor go forward and then what to back up i have to take it out of third gear select reverse,then select third gear to get the tractor to back up. shouldn't i be able to just select the reverse gear with out going out of third gear? my operators manual shows to levers. one for forward and reverse and the other lever for range and gear positions. my parts manual shows on lever do i have a problem with the transmission or is this the way it works?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 7 days by:
3/12/2018
Mechanic: Jeremy, Diesel Technician replied 4 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Diesel Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

i was told last week that just answer did not have a expert to help me. I see you are a diesel tech. What is your back groung with working with belarus transmissions, as that is the question i have.
waiting for your answer

I work on them, but not often.

I'll opt out.

thank you for your time

You're welcome. I'm trying to find someone that works on them often enough to be able to give you the right assistance. There are a few tractor techs that are not on yet so I'm waiting on their responses and asked them to take a look.