Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I need to remove the front drive shaft on my Kubota m 5700…

Good morning I need...

Good morning I need to remove the front drive shaft on my Kubota m 5700 tractor and change the seal on the transfer case how do I go about it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Well the model is m5700 and serial no 52352

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it myself and have not taken anything apart so far.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that I need to replace the seal at the output of the transfer case.

2/28/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

ok thank you

Click below. You will see the roll pins #050 you need to drive those out with a punch/drift and then you can slide the shaft forward and rearward in the #040 couplings. The cover and center housings you would remove the fasteners.

Click below. If this is the seal you are changing #130, the trans needs to be drained and you can remove the assembly or if there is bearing play in the shaft or if the shaft has pitting or grooves that wont take a seal it should be removed and any worn bearings, shafts, etc replaced. If only a seal failure you may be able to cheat using a small hole in the metal part of the seal and a mini slide hammer to pop it out after cleaning the area with brake parts cleaner, Then clean the shaft with fine emery cloth. Let me know

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Dan, Technician
OK thank you very much.