Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Broadcrown diesel generator With Deere Diesel engine has a…

Broadcrown diesel generator With...

Broadcrown diesel generator With John Deere Diesel engine has a coolant high temp alarm

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just checked the levels on the coolant and oil. Checked the belt which appears to be fine no slip. Radiator is bleeding some coolant out the over flow hose. But made sure the level is where it was recommended to be and it is i it again. Not a whole lot but noticeable.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

It runs for awhile then it shuts itself down with the high coolant temp reading

2/18/2018
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

does it seem in fact that it is over heating or steam ??

What is the model of the engine, Please

Power tech 2.4L Diesel
Generator manufactured 2014

Thank you for the info

does it seem overheating boiling?/

or just the light

It’s a broadcrown generator and has a panel that reads coolant high temp. Generator shuts down automatic.
No obvious sign of overheat.
Radiator bleeds some coolant out overflow hose.
No sounds of bubbling or steaming from radiator.

Hi

Sorry for the delay

Very busy morning, then your coolant sensor failed, that will need to be replaced

It will be at the thermostat housing or in the top of the head

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Wayne, Journeyman
Wayne, Journeyman