Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have no lift on my tractor 3 point arm. I have no lift on…

I have no lift...

I have no lift on my tractor 3 point arm

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I have no lift on my 3 point arms

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

When i hook up my plows and tje arms will raise it up and down gor a little while and it will stop lifting

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Does the hydraulic pump controls the lift?

Answered in 1 hour by:
2/17/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

The hydraulic pump would control the lift. Does the three-point hold position if raised and the engine shut off? If not the seals on the lift piston may be bad. Make and model of tractor?

Kubota M4500

OK< will the lift hold position with engine off?

Can you call me

Do you have a front loader on the tractor? Three point is operated by the same pump.

No

Power steering working?

just went out and turn on the tractor and the arms go up

So it is working now?

It will stop working after a little while after using it and will not go back up until the tractor has time cool off and it will start again

Sounds like a weak pump, do you have power steering and does it get weaker?

Looks like i lose all lift while I'm using it

How many hours on the tractor?

About 1 hour or less

Total hours on tractor?

It stop working/// my grandpa bought it in the eary 80's
Sterling wheel seems to be ok not hard to tirn

So it has lots of hours. For my money I would reseal the three-point piston and check the three-point valves and springs, then if no better, have the pump checked or replaced.

Had the pump pressure test and was putting out 2800 psi

Nothing wrong there, then I would remove the three-point housing and reseal it.

Where would that be located at

Under the three-point cover assembly, see link below.

Can you seen that link to my email

NO, I don't get your email.

I finnaly got it
i need to replace what numbers on this page

3 and 4, and any other related seals .

Also including o rings too

Yes.

I will get all the parts on this page and try it /// thanks for your help

Thank you. Please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician