Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My husband has a 2013 Kioti CS2410 tractor that he cannot…

Good Afternoon- My husband...

Good Afternoon- My husband has a 2013 Kioti CS2410 tractor that he cannot get to start. He has changed fuses and bought a new battery. When he changed the slow blow fuse, the electronics came on, but when he went to start it everything went dead. The fuse is not blown and none of the others are. He cannot figure out what is wrong with it. He used it just a few days ago when we got our last snow storm to clean the yard and it acted fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Awesome! Thank YOu!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No- I think that was all. thank you

2/11/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Do you have a voltmeter to test the system? Do you have 12 volts to the starter solenoid, where the positive battery cable goes to? Are there 12 volts from the same post, back to the fuse panel and key switch? If not, look around the starter area for a fusible link on the negative side of the wires, it will look like a soldered on fuse, and has to e checked for continuty with volt/ohm meter.

My husband's tractor will not start at all. He thinks it is something electrical. Did you read what I had typed earlier?

Yes, did you see my response? With no functions, can be battery cable problem or a bad fusible link. Voltmeter is tool required to test!

Sorry- I didn't see your response at first. Is the fuse you are talking about that slow blow fuse? No, he doesn't have a volt meter. Yes- it is a 12 volt system

It can e a slow blow fuse, but can be separate fusible link.

What do you mean by fusible link? He did have a blown slow blow fuse and he replaced it. The power came back on and when he turned the key to start the tractor, everything went dead again. The slow blow fuse did not blow.

Go back to the slow blow fuse and use a jumper to bypass it and its holder.

if he does that and it works then the fusible link must be the issue then?

The slow blow fuse or the fuse holder for it would be the problem.

Okay thanks he will try that.

OK. If no change, I would try to jump the starter solenoid, from the battery terminal to the switch terminal, and see if the engine will spin. This is a test of battery, cable, solenoid, and starter.

I see the question is still open.??

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician