Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My Deere 3046R is giving me an Service Alert display "PTH A"

Second opinion] My John...

Second opinion] My John Deere 3046R is giving me an Service Alert display "PTH A" with a numeric code of 84.08. This ocurs while I am using a Back Blade moving snow, in*****and the power buton is selected. RPMs around 1800 in light snow. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

2/11/2018
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 4 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

That is 2 codes 84 is ECU power down error

code 08 is an invalid time

these have to get hooked up to a JD laptop and find the meaning of the code

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Wayne, Journeyman
FYI - Talked to John Deere Tech today, Service Alert "PTH" is "Power Train Hydrostatic" and the '84' implies "Low on hydrostatic transmission fluid". Added a quart to tractor and all is well again.

Hi

Thank you for that

I received that from the JD book and made a call

they were the one that said 2 codes, I guess it was 2 codes, but not the same

I am sorry I gave you poor info

No harm done, just wanted to give you a heads up for future.

Hi

I am ashamed of my self, gave you wrong info that I received from JD

I should have looked into it more