Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

We have a Gator 4x2 with a Kawasaki 10hp engine. It is s/n…

Customer Question
We have a Gator...

We have a Gator 4x2 with a Kawasaki 10hp engine. It is s/n w004x2x61991. We are having two problems with it. First it is had to shift from drive to reveres. Second thing is it is popping out of gear. Suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

The complete s/n is given above

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/20/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Have you tried lowering the idle speed to help the going into gear without grinding? As for the jumping out of gear, go to the transmission and remove the shift linkage from the shift lever, and move the lever and see if it is going into the detent position, to hold it in place. If it is, check that the linkage/cable is going far enough to match the lever, Adjust the linkage as needed to match and get the lever to go into the detent.

Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago

I see the question is still open, please rate using the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit. Thank you.