Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

2305 Deere won't start. Battery is good. Key turned to start…

Customer Question
2305 John Deere won't...

2305 John Deere won't start. Battery is good. Key turned to start produces a click sound on the left (likley fuel solnoid. dash lights on . Motor does not turn over.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

OK - J D 2305 won't start. Battery checks out ok, dash lights on when key turned on. Turning key to "start" position only produces a click on the left side, but starter does not engage.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/19/2018
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 4 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I’m Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

Check the voltage at the small wire on the starter

also at the starter battery cable when you turn the key to start

Don’t have a volt meter but can get one today. The cable to starter may be weak as it was crowded badly. Had to put new cable ends on both positive and ground at battery.

Hi

Thank you for that

That is why we need to check what the voltage is

I will wait until you get one let me know

No have appointment now . Must leave.

Hi

Thank you for that

go to your appointment, and get back to me when ready

MorningJust following up with youDid my answer help you ??Wayne
Wayne, Journeyman