Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a JD 5055D it stopped and won’t restart or turnover.

I have a JD...

I have a JD 5055D it stopped and won’t restart or turnover

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2012 John Deere 5055 D

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes checked fuses

1/18/2018
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I’m Wayne

I will Be assisting you with this issue today

did you lose all voltage cab and engine

what does your battery voltage read ??

Lights work.
12 v

Thank you for the response

so you have power except to engine, no cranking, correct

measure the voltage at the starter battery terminal

CorrectThe engine stopped shortly after I put in gear.I tried to restart and nothing happened.
12v
can I visably see a break

Hi

No, not all the time

you need a meter to measure the volts

if you only have 12 volts, that is low

should be reading 13.4

I have my volt meter let me check

OK

Thank you

Volt meter not workingI will have to buy another

HI

OK, I am sure that is where your issue is going to be

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??

I haven’t made it to town to buy a new voltage meter
It will be this afternoon
Thanks for the follow up

OK

Thank you

HI

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??

Where we at with this

Morning

Did you get this issue resolved ??

Let me know

Wayne, Journeyman
Wayne, Journeyman