Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Cat Man, I have a C16 S/N BFM02139 I am getting a code of an…

Customer Question
Cat Man, I have a...
Cat Man, I have a C16 S/N BFM02139 I am getting a code of an SPN 651 FMI 11, I cant get this code to give me a description, and it is on a industrial haygrinder which is 24 volt system didn't know if I could hook my ET up to this, and not ruin my laptop or my usb link Thanks
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/17/2018
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 7 months ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hello, I am not sure why Catman hasn't replied but, I can tell you ET will work on 12 or 24 volt systems.

1-11 651-11 Injector Cylinder #1 fault

Use this same guide

CID 0001 FMI 11 Cylinder #1 Injector fault

SMCS - 1290-038

Conditions Which Generate This Code:

The Electronic Control Module (ECM) is attempting to operate the injector. The ECM detects an open circuit or a short circuit in the circuit for the injector.

If the cause of the diagnostic code is a problem in the common wire, two cylinders will be affected because of the shared common wire for the injectors.

System Response:

The ECM will log the diagnostic code. The ECM will continue to attempt to operate the injector after the code has been logged.

The injector may not operate while the condition exists.

• Engine misfires

• Low power

Test Step 1. Perform the following diagnostic procedure: Injector Solenoid Circuit - Test

Results:

• OK - STOP
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 6 months ago

Hello again,

Where my answers helpful?

Did you need anything else?

Please return to the chat and let me know the status of this question.

Thanks,

CATMASTERTECH