Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My Kubota b26 opc fuse now blows everyday from just monthly.

Customer Question
My Kubota b26 opc...

My Kubota b26 opc fuse now blows everyday from just monthly. Does that sound like a skinned wire.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

52063 serial #

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes . I have been looking for skinned wires at Opc switch sites

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have had trouble with seat sensor and pro sensor before.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/17/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

How quickly does fuse blow? As soon as you turn on the key or after tractor runs for a while? A short(skinned wire) usually blows fuse and does not get better until short is found. I think you have a component that is pulling too many amps, like the fuel shutoff or alternator. Or one of the switches shorting out.

The tractor will run for 10 minutes. We do have a mouse population where tractor is kept.
Looked like a mouse nest was inside the dash.

No chewed wires under the dash? Can be the OPC.

where in the dash should I look for opc related wires?

Any wire under the dash would be related! But the OPC could be the problem, and nothing else!

Is there an opc module?

# 70 in the link below. OPC controller.

Ok #70 looks like it’s placed inside the frame of the tractor? Or where?

Under dash!

At the bottom ? Knee high ? Top dash?

Knee high, on each side of the steering column, is where the relays are.