Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have a 2555 deere with syncro tranny tractor. has just

Have a 2555 John deere...
Have a 2555 John deere with syncro tranny tractor. has just started acting up with hyd system. It will work fairly well then all of a sudden zero hydraulics. No steering, 3pt, or loader movement. No chattering or other noises. Then it may start working again for a bit for a half minute like normal.. Then nothing again. What can be the issue? Valve someplace known to stick?
1/16/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

If the pump drive off the front crankshaft pulley was bad or stripped, I doubt that it would come back, just lose all hydraulics, But it does have a flow control valve that could be sticking See link below. The valve can stick or springs can be broken.

Ok. I'll check that tomorrow. Just in case, is there other valves that can cause the issue?

Valve in the pump, or this one shown.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
The valve in the pump, is it on top of the front pump cover or the bottom? The other valve was pretty and clean and spring was good and pushes in and out smoothly.
Thanks!!

Thank you.