Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a JD6300 and have no display on the hour meter/speedo…

Hi. I have a JD6300...
Hi. I have a JD6300 and have no display on the hour meter/speedo display on the dash. It does however bring up a display using the toggle switch to change from MPH to KPH, but once you turn the key off to exit that mode, and back on, the display remains completely blank.
1/16/2018
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

If you have power and ground to the gauge and the wiring harness tests good it points to a faulty gauge in the cluster requiring replacement.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

All the gauges are working fine. It's the digital display that isn't working. Only in setup mode does it work.

Thanks for the update. This points to either a software related or CAN ( harness) communication problem between the ECU and the display or a faulty display. Having this plugged into the JD service advisor software will help determine if the ECU has a problem and also a reflash of the software could possibly correct the problem if the display is in fact good. Otherwise it points to a faulty display.

Thanks. Yeah I was trying to avoid getting the dealer out as they're 3 hours away and cost a fortune.

Pleasure to help. First do a wiring harness and connector pin check and you can test continuity with an OHM meter. If the harness is good it will be a software issue or the display itself as I mentioned unfortunately.

Do you have access to a wiring schematic for this tractor. JD don't like sharing.

Let me see what I have in my archives....

I do not have schematics but I do have a complete troubleshooting for the fault codes and test info, specs etc. if interested.

I think the 20 series had a different dash than the 6000 series

No worries.... That is all I have here as far as manuals... If I had the diagrams Is gladly help you out with them

Dan, Technician