Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a problem with a deere 7230 with the hydraulic quick

I have a problem with a john deere 7230 with the hydraulic quick connects popping out. Also it is very hard to connect the male connector into the female.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: have a problem with a john deere 7230 premium tractor where the hydraulic quick connects pop out. Also the male connector is very hard to connect
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I already paid $46 . Will this be an additional amount

What you are describing is common when the quick connect fitting is worn out or has taken in some dirt or debris. With the connector disconnected try cleaning it with brake parts cleaner with the slip collar in both released and unreleased positions and inspect the retaining balls in the connector to be sure non are sticking from foreign debris in the connector causing the balls not to seat. Also check the seating groove and bot ends for damage or any burrs as well. If the groove has wear or damage it will not connect properly. The correction id this is the case id to replace both connectors. Only one charge for this problem and we follow up as needed.

Only time there is additional is if a phone call or another premium service is added by your choice.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.